As the front-line of technical support, you ensure fast and efficient answers to customers’ technical questions. Additionally, as opportunities arise, you provide support to the ophthalmic metrology technical and sales teams.
- You will be the customers’ first contact point for technical support. After a strong training on our products (both hardware and software), you will be responsible for a professional follow up and documentation of customers’ technical questions and to relay more specific issues to the appropriate internal expert.
- You feed the technical knowledge base with FAQ sheets and ensure the continuous update of the internal technical applications documentation.
- You collaborate with the R&D and engineering teams on various technical tasks (software testing, validation of new technical solutions, optimization of the workflow, redaction of technical documents and reports).
- You ensure the final check of instruments prior to its shipment to customers.
- You act as a backup for the configuration of the computers
After-sales and sales support:
- You provide support to the sales team for the measurement of samples sent by prospects and write technical reports in order to demonstrate the capabilities of our technology.
- You occasionally go to customers’ plants to service our ophthalmic instruments (calibration, maintenance) and to provide training (Worldwide).
- Depending on your profile and affinity, you potentially give commercial demonstrations of the instruments.
- Technical or scientific background (engineering, physics…). A good knowledge of optics is a major asset.
- Software skills: Ability to deeply understand the software functions and parameters in order to efficiently answer customer’s questions. Although it would be an asset, no capability in software development is required.
- Fluent English in writing and speaking and with at least a good command of French. Knowledge of any other language is an asset.
- Good communicative and interpersonal skills.
- At least 1 or 2 years of relevant working experience in a technical &/or customer support position.
- Customer focused.
- Willing to travel worldwide (10-15%).